Running

I have mixed feelings about running. When I was in dynamite shape in high school I still didn't enjoy long distance running. I love sprints. I feel like it is a metaphor for my life. It is harder to pace yourself and follow a task through when you would rather put forth a burst of effort and be finished quickly.

Five years ago two of my friends and I started the Couch to 5K App. There are several free versions. We all kept the course with a 5k race and a girls night planned at the end of the 8 weeks. We did it. We were proud. Sadly I didnt do well keeping up after the race. Partially due to shin splints and plugged ducts(breastfeeding) but mostly due to lack of discipline.

Fast forward. Now we are all moms and one of us is facing a family health crisis. We all were thinking we should give this another go. Yesterday I started the app. I love the Couch to 5K. It starts of alternating walking and running and eventually the walking lessens and lessens. There is a week or two that I usually repeat because the run time went up higher than I was ready for.

As the days get longer it will be easier for me to fit in my runs before dark. Im hoping we can all get a great time at our 5k in April.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Oil Diffuser Necklace

Choices Day 2

Baby Eczema