Zucchini

Oh Zucchini you are a prolific garden wonder. But what will I do with you? We planted over 20 zucchini plants this spring and are reaping the harvest. Zucchini is a sturdy squash with great bug resistance. A summer staple.


Here are a few great ideas for utilizing your abundance:


1. Grated. Grate and freeze zucchini for baking breads, pancakes, or for sneaking veggies into anything.

2. Diced/chopped. Stir fry is a go to meal for us and zucchini is a healthy veggie to put in the mix. Great for roasting in the oven as well. We freeze lots.

3. Noodles. For a lower carb option run the zucchini through a veggie noodle maker. Bake the zucchini for a short time and pour off the water. Stir fry in oil at higher heat until tender then add spaghetti sauce. Shocked me that this was actually good and not a pinterest lie.

4. Apple replacement. Replace apples with zucchini in pies, crisps, and cakes.

5. Pineapple replacement. My MIL cans zucchini in pineapple juice. Zucchini takes on the flavor. She uses this in her cherry dump cake and it is better than a cake with pineapple.

6. Grill it. I run zucchini through a mandolin slicer lengthwise. Toss in olive oil and garlic salt. Grill till tender. This is delicious.

 7. Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups. I was shocked when my MIL made this. The texture was great and I was totally impressed. I didnt feel guilty grabbing an extra helping either.

Happy Harvesting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Oil Diffuser Necklace

Choices Day 2

Baby Eczema